The project involves improving the functioning of the City of Hajnówka in the area of accessibility for people with special needs by developing and implementing a new standard of providing services along with changes in public space in the areas of culture and tourism in cooperation with an Italian partner. The solution developed by the cross-sectoral Initiative Group with a transnational partner will be implemented with an extensive cooperation of local partners.
The new solution included in the Programme of Accessible Hajnówka Culture and Tourism will consist of the following components:
a. model audit of accessibility, for people with specific needs, of cultural and tourism-related facilities
b. standard of providing cultural services tailored to the needs of people with special needs
c. standard of providing tourist services tailored to the needs of people with special needs, taking into account the universal design in spaces
d. accessibility standard of the office, including customer service adapted to the needs of people with special needs in Hajnówka
The programme will implement the objectives of the government’s Accessibility + programme and will be consistent with the Local Revitalization Program. Project implementers would like to develop solutions that:
• introduce new solutions in the city of Hajnówka in the area of culture and tourism-related accessibility for people with specific needs
• will be based on permanent, systematic cooperation between the public and social sectors
• will strive to implement public services, taking into account the universal design and the specific needs of those who have more difficult access
• take into account the local potential and cultural resources
• include solutions in the sphere of physical and sensory accessibility (hearing, sight, touch, smell) on the example of solutions in the city of Matera
• will be possible to implement in other cities with a population of up to 30 000.
Project’s implementation period: from 1st December 2019 to 31st May 2022.
Project’s value: 1 916 416,80 PLN including EU funding: 1 850 416,80 PLN
Copyright © 2022,